Friday, June 7, 2013

abc Upfront Part I - S.H.I.E.L.D.

It's Upfront time. Well, not just since today. Did you already pick your new might-be favorite TV show? No? Well, there's an informative listing to be found here:


www.tvtango.com

Every year TV show enthusiasts are faced with the unpleasant truth that probably at least one of their most favorite TV shows is going to be cancelled or is coming to an end story-wise. This year for me this has been the case for Fringe. Dexter is going to follow soon. That's how it is. HOWEVER, this is where you have to start talking about UPFRONTS. New discoveries can heal every wound, no? Well, nearly every wound. I'm pretty certain that a lot of people are still incensed about Firefly being cancelled after just one lousy season. Well, that's life. In return we get a new series developed by Joss Whedon.

Marvel - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Spin-Off of the 2012's Blockbuster "The Avengers". Airing on abc starting from Sept 3rd. Notably cast: Clark Gregg (Iron Man, The Avengers), Ming-Na (ER) and August J. Richards (Angel).


 


In Whedon universe a single trailer probably won't be able to show the strong suits of the whole series. Why? Well, with Joss it's all about interesting characters, witty dialogues and strong female leads. Something that you can't really show in a 3 minute trailer. I'm in for August J. Richards 'cause I liked him in Angel and because I hope that Phil Coulson (Gregg) is not just the nice loyal (*cough* boring) guy. And because I love Whedon. I love everything he puts his hands on.

What do you think, can Joss Whedon live up to his former glorious days when Buffy was still running and when he was earning so much praise for Firefly?


No comments:

Post a Comment