Sunday, June 9, 2013

True Blood Season 6 Trailer Review

I know, it's out for a while now, but I guess as one of HBO's most-watched TV shows, it deserves a proper review. The sixth season of True Blood is set to premiere on June 16, 2013. Alan Ball gave the reigns to Mark Hudis, who joined the writing staff at the beginning of the fourth season. The main question which is supposedly answered is: "Who is Warlow?" 

We start right where we left off with Bill as a god-like vampire-whatnot fondly called Billith (not sure if this is supposed to be an official name - sounds to me like fangirls merging their desired HEA couples' names). Everyone else is basically on the run and vampire's are hunted down at least in Louisiana. As foreshadowed and introduced in season 5 Jason's gonna show quite openly his hatred against vampires. My guess is that this is also going to be one of the more important storylines. Otherwise the trailer doesn't give away much plot-wise. But see for yourself:




Anyway, when True Blood started in 2008, I was totally psyched about the premise of the show and was very happy with what Ball presented in season 1 and 2. BUT, I have to be honest, I don't care about True Blood that much anymore - mainly for the following reasons:

1. It's so damn colorful. Where's the dark? What's up with this cheesy fairy-sh*t (excuse my french)?
2. Why do I have to care about so many absolutely boring characters like Andy Bellefleur and Arlene Fowler (Bellefleur)?
3. Where's Lafayette's screen-time and why is he so damn whiny? Yes, he lost his love (and I really was sad about Jesus' departure) and was basically out of luck all the damn time, but still... Make him angry, dangerous, whatever, but not whiny. Please!
4. Too little Pam, too little Eric, too little going on with real vampires not circling around Sookie.

So, yeah. I'll watch the new season of True Blood, but mainly because I'm out of options for summer at the moment, not because I'm looking forward to it and waited for it the way I waited for GoT or Dexter.


No comments:

Post a Comment